Ukraine has great potential of such alternative energy source as biomass, including wood (pellets, chips, briquettes, firewood) and its wastes (in the form of wood chips, sawdust, etc.), and agricultural wastes (in the form of sunflower husk, straw, etc.).
The list of main services / works provided within the framework of the business projects for construction of biomass power plans:
- Assessment of quantitative and qualitative characteristics of biomass, identification of the power plant capacity;
- Development of the optimal conception for project implementation (including the development of a business plan);
- Pre-design work (audit of existing documents, collection of the initial for the design data, feasibility study (FS), power distribution chart and so on);
- Obtaining of the technical specifications for connection to external power grids;
- Design work;
- Selection and supply of main equipment;
- Construction, installation and commissioning;
- Putting the facility into operation;
- Regulatory measures (obtaining a license for electricity generation, "green" tariff obtaining, conclusion of the necessary contracts for electricity sale).
The main aim of biomass energy projects is to sale total scope of produced power energy in the Wholesale Electricity Market by "green" tariff.
5 reasons for realization of the biomass energy project:
Types of Biomass
Action of the "green" tariff covers types of biomass which partially or entirely contain plant components.
- wheat straw, barley: bales, granules (pellets) and briquettes, etc.;
- sunflower hunks, buckwheat, barley, etc. (pellets, briquettes);
- corn stalks, sunflower stalks, etc.;
- other energy crops (energy willow, sorghum, miscanthus, etc.).
Assessment of Biomass Power Plant Projects:
To determine the cost of projects of biomass power plant construction, several factors shell be considered, including such as:
- type of fuel;
- technology: generation/cogeneration;
- fuel technology: direct combustion, pyrolysis, etc.;
- types and manufacturers of main equipment;
- distance from the source of raw materials, etc.
Technology for Production of Power Energy
Main sections of the technological chart for production of power energy from biomass:
- source of the raw material;
- biomass preparation system;
- biomass transportation system;
- generation / cogeneration unit;
- Complex Transformer Substation.
"Green" Tariffs for Biomass Power Plants
The "green" tariff for power energy is determined by the coefficient that is set for biomass power plants which were commissioned during the special time period and shall be valid till the year 2030.
Terms of operation in the Wholesale Electricity Market (WEM)
Implementation of the production and sale of electricity from solar energy is subject to obligatory licensing.. The license for production of power energy, as well as the "green" tariff for each specific SPP should be approved by The National Comission for State Regulation in Energy and Utilities.
Settlement of the payments for generated electricity
Payments for the electricity produced are being carried by the WEM on daily basis giving the first priority to producers that use alternative energy sources without limitation of their capacity and the volume of electricity produced.
If you are interested to pre-estimate the cost of construction of biomass PP please complete the questionnaire.