State regulation of activity in the electric power industry is carried out by forming the tariff policy in accordance with the law and providing licenses for certain types of activities.
According to the current legislation, the organization that issues licenses in the energy sector is the National Commission for State Regulation of Energy and Public Utilities (NCREPU).
Types of activities subject to licensing:
in the electric power industry:
• production of electric energy;
• transmission of electric energy through main and interstate power grids;
• distribution of electric energy (electric power transmissions through regional (local) electricity grids);
• supply of electricity by the guaranteed electric power supplier;
• supply of electric energy by the independent electricity supplier;
• wholesale electric power supply;
• generation of combined heat and electric energy.
in the oil and gas complex and in the sphere of heat supply:
• transportation of crude oil, petroleum products and ammonia through trunk pipeline;
• transportation of natural gas, petroleum gas and coalbed gas (methane) via pipelines;
• distribution of natural gas, petroleum gas and coalbed gas (methane);
• supply of natural gas, coalbed gas (methane) according to regulated tariff;
• supply of natural gas, coalbed gas (methane) according to unregulated tariff;
• storage of natural gas, coalbed gas (methane);
• production of thermal energy at combined heat and power plants, thermal power plants, nuclear power stations, cogeneration units, and stations using non-conventional or renewable energy sources.
In order to obtain the license, an application with the corresponding set of documents must be submitted to the National Commission for State Regulation of Energy and Public Utilities (NCREPU). The requirements for application documents differ for each type of business activity.
AN INDICATIVE LIST OF DOCUMENTS, NEEDED FOR OBTAINING THE LICENSE FOR THE PRODUCTION OF ELECTRIC ENERGY:
- Application for the license
- The power of attorney for the right of representing the applicant (if necessary).
- The document confirming the payment for the issue of the license.
- A copy of the corporate charter (notarized).
- Description of stated activity (technical specifications of power generating facility; the scheme of electrical connections with the designation of metering devices).
- The document confirming the Regulatory minimum requirement for owned assets of economic entities (a copy of accounting statement form No. 1 for the reported period).
- A copy of the document confirming the right of ownership of generating capacities or their use (with the confirmation of ownership of these generating capacities on the right of ownership to another economic entity (natural person)).