The Feasibility Study — is the pre-design work which is performed in order to conduct a comparative analysis of the variants of facility connection to the power grids and to determine the most optimal chart considering all the technical requirements and economic indicators that provide reliable power supply to the consumers.
IKNET Company develops such a feasibility study that provides an opportunity to obtain technical conditions for facility connection to the external power grid.
The following work is performed by the Company while developing a feasibility study:
- development of a technical specification for implementation of the feasibility study and its coordination with all stakeholders (Transmission system operator, Distribution system operator, etc.);
- initial data collection;
- analysis of the power grids within the connection area, taking into account existing and future values of load / generation;
- development of the regulatory options of the external power supply circuit/capacity output chart of the facility;
- calculation and analysis of normal, repair and emergency modes of operation of the power grid;
- calculation of short-circuit currents;
- identification of the basic principles of implementation of the relay protection, automation, operational dispatch communication, automatic system for commercial measurement of power consumption and automatic process control system;
- assessment of the aggregated indicators of the cost of execution of the variants of capacity output chart of the facility;
- providing conclusions on the work perfomed.